Yesterday, as every 6th of December we celebrated
Saint Nicholas. As per tradition St. Nicholas brings candies and gifts to children on the night of 5 to 6 December. Usually he leaves the presents in a pair of boots that you have to prepare specially for him. I remember that when I was little I used to spend a lot of time at my Grandparents house and one December my Grandma said to check my shoes that were left on purpose on the hallway. Of course there were lots of presents left for me and in order to keep the magic alive, the hallway window was open and she said that Santa got in through there and that if I look through the window I would see him leave. I was 4 years old when I saw Santa on his open sleigh fly through the night...
This year Saint Nicholas found me in Switzerland and made me smile when I woke up yesterday morning.
 |
| My shoes filled with goodies from St. Nicholas |
 |
| Santa's bag filled with more goodies, this time from the work St. Nicholas |
 |
| Swiss Tradition for St Nicholas- sweet bread |
What is your St. Nicholas tradition?
Labels: family, holiday
1 Comments:
mai mai.. cineva a fost cuminte :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home