Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Memories from Romania

After my 2 weeks tour through Romania and not only, I'm happy to be back. I don't come empty handed. We had lots of fun, we got to spend quality time with our dear ones and we came back with some sweet memories. I picked up a few images from this time home, the ones that match this blog. There are mostly from my parents home. Even if I grew up in the city and not in this home (they moved there only 5 years ago) I still feel like it's part of me because the land belonged to my great grandparents and I saw how this house, the yard and everything around it was built.  That place has a beauty that inspires me, maybe because it still manages to keep its authenticity. I hope you like it.


Getting in touch with the Black Sea in Constanta, my hubby's hometown


The grapes I grew up with and that will become a great wine for the Christmas meal
Apples from my parents garden


Plum jam made by Mum, it's delicious!


Little corner in my parents yard where we drank our coffee every day

Decorating idea - they were put outside on the window sill of my parents wooden cottage
The wooden cottage that was built before my parents decided to do the house. Me and my brother we spent some crazy summers here in our wild years.

The newest kitten that my parents got, it's a she and I tried to get her to answer to the name of  Zara...
The house

Balcony with lots of flowers

 Small corner in my parents yard

Haystacks in my family's village

All the pics were taken by Traian.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Ly said...

I adore your pictures. It looks like such a lovely place. I'm slightly (okay more then slightly) jealous.

-Ly

http://www.lyzhang.com

 
At October 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Carried Away said...

Thank you, Ly! Nice of you to stop by :)

 
At October 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Hilary said...

Where you lived looks as if it was a fairy tale. I love the country photographs. Have a wonderful day.
XO Hilary
http://thehippinista.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home