Styling cupcakes
Cupcakes are like diamonds, they will never go out of style. Ok, maybe it is not the most intelligent thing I could write, but these amazing miniature cakes make me so happy. They are definitely the most stylish type of cake there is out there. So yes, I love cupcakes, and I recently took a cupcake decorating class. Sounds very sophisticated, right?! It was a nice experience that I had with Denise's Bakery and two of my baking passionate and talented friends. We learned a few tips on how to make the best cupcakes and also we got to play with fondant while making the prettiest decorations. I tried the recipe from the class this weekend but since I like my cupcakes simple I did not go all the way with the decorations. I am not a big fan of fondant, I think it is too sweet and adding it on top of a homemade cupcake is just a waste.
Here are some picture from the class. I am sorry for the quality of the pictures but I only had my phone with me.
![]() |
| Pretty roses made from fondant |
![]() |
| My flower cupcake |
And now the cupcakes I made yesterday, vanilla cupcakes with a sprinkle of chocolate on top.
The recipe from the class, that I followed:
Ingredients:
120 g flour
1 1/2 baking powder
40 gr butter (room temperature)
120 ml milk
1 egg
140 gr sugar
Mix the flour and the baking powder and then add the butter, and continue mixing for about 10 minutes on low speed.
Mix the milk, with the egg and the sugar and add them to the flower mix. Mix this for another 10 minutes.
Put the final mixture in the cupcake tray and then in the oven to 170 degrees for about 17 minutes. After which you can leave the oven door open for 2 minutes and continue baking them like this. You can also put a wet towel on the oven door and keep it open for another 7 minutes. This way the cupcakes will all have the same flat shape making it easy to decorate them.
Frosting:
150 ml whipped cream
50 gr icing sugar
250 gr Mascarpone cheese
50gr cream cheese (Philadelphia is the best one)
vanilla extract
Mix the whip cream and the sugar. Then add the cream cheese. I also added a bit of lemon zest and 1 drop of lemon juice just to give it a twist.
If you want to try other cupcake recipes, you find quite a few on my friend Emilia's blog: In love with cupcakes.
I also recommend 180 degrees baking, Dewi's blog that covers all sorts of cooking recipes, not only cupcakes. She does some amazing things with fondant.
Enjoy cooking!






1 Comments:
Pretty! I'm not a fan of cupcakes, but they'd make a great subject for photos, all colorful and cute!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home