 |
| Schatzalp |
 |
| The view from our room |
As promised, I still have to share some pics from our weekend in Davos. The hotel,
Schatzalp (in English, the treasure in the mountains) has this great story. It was built at the end of the 19th century and from 1900 to 1950 it was a Sanatorium. The architecture of the place is still intact and as I went through the doors I felt that I was transported at the beginning of the century. Thomas Mann, the famous German writer, found inspiration here when he was visiting his sick wife in the summer of 1912. His stay became the foundation of the opening chapter (
Arrival) of the novel
The Magic Mountain, in German
Der Zauberberg. We were very pleased to discover the history behind the place. The view from the room was amazing and the food in the restaurant was to die for. A very special weekend!
 |
| The food was delightful |
 |
| Vintage phone at the hotel entrance |
 |
| I just loved this soup pot, oh and also the soup :) |
 |
| One of the cats from the hotel. So cute |
 |
| Hello Kitty! |
 |
| The hotel terrace in the evening. I love the chairs, they are so old fashioned. |
 |
| Dinner at the candle light |
Labels: About Us, food, Switzerland, weekend gateway
3 Comments:
ce prietenoasa e kitty :)
aw, it sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! And thank you for sharing these lovely pics with us, it does look like a great place to spend a weekend!
What a great landscape!...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home