This past weekend we took our city posteriors to the mountains for 2 days of ski. The weather was very capricious, and we were able to ski only on Saturday but I have to say that it was enough considering it was the first time I put the ski boots on in years (when I was a child my dad had an attempt to teach me to ski, but I was so scared that I tried once and gave up. My brother, on the other hand, is quite good). It was a great day because I managed to surprise myself. I started going on the children slope and after a few tries moved on to the bigger slope. I didn't start at the top of the mountain because I don't have any technique yet but I managed to have more than a few goes from the middle of the slope. It was beautiful and I can't wait to get better and better. Finally something to look for next winter (as you might know I am not a winter fan). Traian was in the same situation as me, he never tried skiing before (he has the excuse of being born and raised at the seaside) but he managed quite good. So proud of us, baby!
 |
| The Swiss Alpes seen from Davos |
 |
| Fooling around in the snow when we first arrived. |
 |
| Traian making snow angels |
 |
| This was our first ski trip. Hopefully more will come in the future. |
 |
| And here I go fearlessly. What a great feeling it is. |
 |
| And of course Traian too |
 |
| Traian camera ready. Say: Cheese :)) |
 |
And the five musketeers, seven if I count my friend Emilia and the baby boy that is growing in her belly.
She was the photographer since obviously she didn't ski. |
 |
| Not dead, but exhausted, those boots are heavyyyy :)) |
Part II of our trip is following tomorrow. Stay tuned :)))
Labels: About Us, friends, Switzerland, weekend gateway
3 Comments:
You tiger! I have to learn as well, I did (and by did I mean tried for 5 minutes and gave up) some cross-country skiing in Lapland.. next winter though, you'll see me on TV in the Lahti Ski Jump Tour!! dreams :))
** bad English on a Tuesday morning.. ski jump Tower, that is!! xoxo
Cool cool cool!!! =)) Am happy for you and hope you will become more and more fearless!!
x
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home