Sunday, April 22, 2012

The past two weekends

Is there a more happier time than weekends? I don't think so, or I haven't managed to find an equivalent still. I just love Saturday mornings when I get up and I know I don't have to get dressed right away and rush out the door. I can just sip my coffee and enjoy my breakfast until noon and then I can indulge in my favorite activities. Last weekend was Easter for us (Orthodox Easter was celebrated one week later then the Catholic holiday, it's a calendar thing, more info here) and we decided to have a nice Sunday meal with our Romanian friends. It felt so good and it made me remember my parents home and all the traditions we had as I grew up. But I don't want to get nostalgic, so I will just let you know that we cooked some Easter dishes that were a delight to eat.


A cream cheese pie that is made especially for Easter, made by me.

The Easter bunny and the colored Eggs, by our host, Christiana

Hart shape cakes, one with chocolate and pear filling and the other one with
nuts filling

I wanted to take a picture of this colored slippers/socks and of course that
Mitzi, curious as we know her, wanted to be in the picture
 This weekend was all about relaxing. Friday evening, after our workout (we've started exercising this week and after a few sessions we are now starting to regain muscle control) me and Traian, enjoyed a nice homemade fruit salad bowl while watching our favorite TV shows. Saturday we decided to hit the town by bike and make some exploring. It was very nice, because even if we lived in Zurich for a year now, I still fell that I know so little of it. So every time we start rambling the streets we discover something new and beautiful. It's a great feeling...

Zurich lake with the mountains in the background

I felt especially stylish riding this city bike
Cotton candy at the Children's Fair in Bürkliplatz

I couldn't believe there was no one in the park, but once the sun is up it will be populated again.

How to style a public fountain?  I think this pics says it all.
I love bookstores, I could just spend hours in them and
the English Bookstore on Bahnhofstrasse is no exception. I even wanted to get
a job there :))

Photographer of the day, Traian.

A good cappuccino on top of the city, with this view:

View from the Manor terrace 

I hope you had a good weekend as well. I wish you an even better week!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2012 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Vision By Mila said...

the fountain!! I'll do that in my yard, even if a mini one! xoxo

 
At April 24, 2012 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Vittoria @ The Beautiful Things said...

that pie looks yum!


xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

 
At April 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Bijuterii said...

Si eu sunt fascinata de carti. Imi place mult buchetul de lalele.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home