Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Descendants

This evening we saw The Descendants, one of this year Oscar nominees for best movie award. I have to say a few words while "the taste" is still fresh. First I will always love George Cloney no matter how old he gets, he is just one of my favorite all time actors. But enough about my subjective actors favorites...the movie is just great. Is the kind of story that gets to you, because it's about family, about life, about what it offers and what we take from it. My favorite scene is the one he says goodbye to her: "Goodbye my love, goodbye my friend. My pain. My Joy. Goodbye. It just sums what it means to love and to forgive. I hope you will watch it and love it! Let me know when you do :)


Source: imdb.com via Andreea on Pinterest

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

I don't often watch Oscar-nominated movies, because more often than not I find them over-hyped (except The King's Speech, loved it!!)

But this sounds interesting, and that poster alone makes me want to watch it!

 
At February 4, 2012 at 5:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi blog friend! I have a Versatile Award for you dear... Congrats!
http://moochinginspirations.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-award.html

By the way, I haven't seen this movie too. I'd like to watch it since I love George Cloney, one of my fav actors in the showbiz.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I can't wait to see it!!!
Btw.... I can't help bur realizing that on top on my comment, two of my fellow bloggers also left their marks! Cool! You could say we are in the same blog circle =))))
x

 
At April 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM , Blogger NotablyNeurotic said...

I actively started googling this movie scene after watching the movie for the first time this week. I did okay through the whole movie, occasionally mentioning to my husband, "Wow. This is intense. I don't think I would be handling this guy's situation wit the same level of grace and dignity."

And then he said goodbye to his wife ... his wife that betrayed him ... that stopped loving him. The wife that he loved and was angry at and was mourning and ...

I SOBBED uncontrollably. What he said to her was so simple, but it's the most moving thing I've ever heard in my life. I wasn't just tearing up, I was shaking and trying to get my breath. I just ... wow. I tear up every time I think about those words. I don't know. That just destroyed me.

Great movie. So touching.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home