Remember Wednesdays - the 18 year old me
I had this idea in my mind for a while now but it only started to surface this weekend. It started with an e-mail from one of my oldest friends, asking me and others of our friends if we remember the age of 18 and what we thought we are going to become when we will turn 28, after the 10 years gap. This launched a series of very funny e-mails and a trip down memory lane. We remembered some of the crazy things we did through the years, the high school parties when the parents would freak out if they knew you had a drink too many, the love troubles, the college experience with all the challenges involved and all the happy crazy moments. So after all this "remember when..." I decided to start a column on my blog called Remember Wednesdays and to write about all the things in my past that are worth being mentioned and about the people that influenced me thorough the years: teachers, family and friends or just someone I only met or saw once and had a huge impact on me.
I am not the one to live in the past, but I believe that if you are wise enough there are some very good lessons you could learn from your past, and that all the experiences, good or bad, are part of you, the present you. Forgetting your past experiences is one of the worst possible things, it's loosing a part of you and what you might become. This being said, I open the column with the 18 year old us. Tell me how you were at 18 and what were your long term plans at that time. Did you have any plans or were you just having fun and waiting for things to happen?
Something to go with this post from the latest Coldplay album, Mylo Xyloto, the song Paradise.
If you liked this post, I would appreciate you sharing it on your profile. If you enjoyed it just let me know in a comment. It would mean the world to me...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home